What is Sports Development?
Put simply, Sports Development is getting people involved in sports or physical activity and helping them to improve and develop their
skills! We aim to inspire people of all ages and levels of ability to fulfil their sporting/fitness potential in a wide and varied programme so
we can support everyone to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
The Sports Development team offers regular physical activity through local community programmes as well as many funded projects.
Sports Development can also help with the following:
- Information and advice on physical activity and health
- Where to play sport locally
- Information on local sports clubs
- Contacts for National Governing Bodies of sport
- Information on coach education opportunities
- Development advice and support for sports coaches
- Information and links to volunteering opportunities
- Advice on sports club development
- Advice and support on funding opportunities for sports clubs, organisations and people
- Contacts and links for school sport, school sport partnerships and academic opportunities
- Offer advice, support and physical activity at community events, schools and organisations
If you have any enquiries or would like to speak to a member of the team please phone 01442 507100 and choose Sports Development
or email firstname.lastname@example.org