Our programme offers an extensive range of classes and courses to suit all levels of ability, from high impact workouts to peaceful yoga classes. There is something for everyone! Our Classes are taught by qualified instructors who will make you feel welcome and help you achieve your goals.
If you are a Member and would like to book a class, please click on the 'Book Online' tab.
If you are a Non-Member you can call after noon on the day to book an evening class, or after 6pm the night before if you would like to book a morning class. 01442 507100.
Active High energy classes that will raise your heart rate and give you a great cardiovascular workout.
- BodyAttack® Pre-choreographed, simple high-intensity aerobic workout with an athletic challenge.
- BodyCombat® Pre-choreographed exhilarating non-contact, martial arts-based exercise experience that delivers ultra-fast results. (Please note Body Combat® is not suitable for those who are pregnant)
- Boxercise Uses age old boxing training principles to form a fun, addictive, safe, stress busting workout suitable for all ages and levels of ability. Please note: this class is not suitable during pregnancy.
- Circuits Interval training for complete cardiovascular and muscular conditioning using various types of equipment.
- Energy Workout 50% high-intensity aerobics/ 50% conditioning – 100% head to toe workout
- Kettle HIIT High-intensity interval training using kettlebells. Please note class is not suitable during pregnancy.
- HIIT Fun intense cardiovascular workout using the Functional Training Rig.
- Fight Klub® A high-energy workout using a combination of boxing, kick-boxing and Thai boxing. Class is not suitable during pregnancy.
- FitSteps The latest unique dance and fitness programme developed by ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ professionals and world champion swimmer Mark Foster
- Metafit™The original intensive 30-minute body weight fast paced interval class. Warning, Metafit™ will seriously change your body. This class should not be attended during pregnancy.
- Powerhoop® Intervals Interval training utilising the Powerhoop and various types of studio equipment. Please note class is not suitable during pregnancy.
- Pure Powerhoop® Pure Powerhooping with simple arm and leg patterns. Suitable for all levels. Please note class is not suitable during pregnancy.
- Spinning® The original indoor cycling programme. A journey to health and fitness, an incredible training programme and personal challenge all at your own pace.
- Step Fun step Aerobic class.
- Step and Condition Step and body conditioning
- Zumba® fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness programme that will blow you away. For complete enjoyment of this class we recommend the wearing of dance sneakers.
- Zumba® Gold* Zumba® for the active older adult population, the true beginner or deconditioned participant. Zumba® Toning Blends body sculpting techniques and specific Zumba moves into one calorie burning and toning class.
- Zumba® Toning Blends body sculpting techniques and specific Zumba moves into one calorie burning and toning class.
Specialist Classes - We offer a range of specialist classes for health enhancement
- Cardiac Rehab Phase IV Participants must be referred by GP or Cardiac Phase III practitioner
- Health Enhancing Ride For the management of weight, diabetes, high blood pressure, and Cardiac Rehab Phase IV.
- Line Dancing* A non-impact country and western style dance class, performed in lines, no partners or contact required. This class is not too energetic.
- Parkinsons Exercise Group Movement/exercise class
Water Aqua classes are a great way to exercise using the water to provide added support and resistance.
- Aqua Aerobics Targets all aspects of physical fitness through movement in the water. Creative cardiovascular work will be combined with water resistance training to tone and firm the whole body.
- Deep Water Aqua Exercising in deep water gives you a total body workout using water resistance only, eliminating impact and stress on joints. Excellent for all round health and fitness, exercising your heart and lungs, improving muscle tone and strength.
Mind & Body
Mind & Body - a great way to relax whilst achieving suppleness and flexibility
- Beginner and Improver Pilates This class will offer progressive exercises for the more experienced participant as well as teach the basics.
- Beginner Pilates Particularly suitable for complete beginners and those wanting to improve and perfect their technique.
- Gentle Yoga Energising and relaxing. Emphasising the breath. Suitable for all.
- Hatha Yoga The classical yoga of physical action.
- Improver Pilates Suitable for those who can maintain optimum posture and core control throughout the majority of the beginner level exercises. Participants can progress to this level by recommendation from our Pilates Instructors.
- Intro to Pilates This class will teach you correct breathing techniques and posture, helping you to gain confidence before attending a beginner Pilates class.
- Intermediate Pilates Participants can progress to this level by recommendation from our Pilates Instructors.
- Mixed Ability Pilates A range of alternative and progressive exercises will be offered throughout the class.
- Pilates The emphasis is on control of the deep stabilising muscles of the trunk, which support the spine. This reduces postural pain, enhances efficiency of movement and improves overall well-being.
- Power Ashtanga Yoga Ashtanga is a dynamic, fast-paced yoga, which gives you all the benefits of meditation.
- Pure meditation Bringing the mind and body back into balance and unity.
- Stretch & Mobilise Stretch tight muscles and tissues, and mobilise joints. Gently work to enable better movement.
- Stretch and Meditate Combining a mixture of meditation and stretch to enable the body to relax and bring clarity within.
- Stretch and Relax Stretch those hard worked muscles and relax in a positive and ambient atmosphere.
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga A dynamic flowing style of yoga harmonising breath and movement. Using strong alignment principles, flow with ease to find balance, strength and grace.
- Yoga Pilates Fusion A fusion of Yoga and beginner Pilates
- Core & Stretch Intense abdominal workout, followed by a full body stretch to help lengthen those hard worked muscles
- Ab Blast Solid 30 minute abdominal workout.
- Ball Conditioning Have fun using the ball for a complete muscular workout.
- Conditioning -These classes are designed to strengthen and tone using a range of exercises and equipment.
- BodyPump® Pre-choreographed effective toning and conditioning class with weights that develops strength and confidence.
- Gentle Body Conditioning*Low level aerobics followed by conditioning for all the main muscle groups.
- Functional Conditioning for Health* Focuses on complete body conditioning for both the aerobic and muscular systems concentrating on movement and energy for daily functionality.
- Functional Conditioning and Stretch Body conditioning for both aerobic and muscular systems, concentrating on functional movement followed by stretch to enable better body movement. Body conditioning for both aerobic and muscular systems, concentrating on functional movement followed by stretch to enable better body movement.
- Kettlebells An intense dynamic workout that uses momentum, strength and endurance to work all the major muscles in the body together. The class is not recommended for beginners, those with lower back or knee issues or with high blood pressure. Some resistance training history would be beneficial.
- Legs, Bums & Tums Lower body conditioning using bands, weights and body weight.
- Legs, Bums & Tums Express Lower body conditioning using bands, weights and body weight.
Community Classes - Fitness and Beyond for Older Adults
In addition to the wide range of activities available in all the Sportspace facilities, we also provide a selection of adult community-based classes, they are not bookable in advance - simply turn up and join in. Newcomers are always very welcome. For more information please contact our Sports Development team on 01442 507154/507157.
- Exercise for Health – An Exercise to Music class including both choreography and muscle toning elements. This session is taken at a suitable pace for older adults.
- Exercise to Music – A class with choreography to challenge heart and lungs and to tone muscles throughout the body. This class is aimed at adults.
- Fit and Flexible – An Exercise to Music class with choreography and muscle toning elements, more emphasis is given to flowing rhythmic moves. This class is taken at a suitable pace for older adults.
- Gentle Exercise – A seated class to work all areas of the body. Use of resistance bands and light hand weights. Optional standing sequences using the chair for support where needed.
- Line Dancing – A non-impact, smooth, rhythmical dance class, performed in lines, no partners or contact required. This class is not too energetic.
- Seated Exercise Improve your mobility, strength, balance & stability with a gentle seated exercise class. Please note this class runs during term time only.
For more information of our Group exercises please call 01442 507100 or email email@example.com